Our School Commitment
Woodplumpton St Anne's CE Primary School is committed to providing a safe, caring and welcoming environment where every child is able to reach their full potential free from harm, abuse and discrimination. All staff and volunteers are expected to discharge their safeguarding responsibilities effectively and recognise that high self-esteem, confidence, peer support and clear lines of communication with trusted adults helps all children, especially those at risk of or suffering from abuse, to thrive.
Our school will therefore:
- Establish and maintain an ethos where children feel safe, secure, valued and respected and feel confident as they are encouraged to talk, believing they will be effectively listened to.
- Ensure that children know that there are adults in the school who they can approach if they are worried or are in difficulty.
- Provide a systematic means of monitoring children known or thought to be at risk of harm, and ensure we, the school, contribute to assessment of need and support for those children.
- Include in the curriculum activities and opportunities for PSHE which equip children with the skills they need to stay safe and / or communicate their fears or concerns about abuse.
- Include in the curriculum material which will help children develop realistic attitudes to the responsibilities of adult life.
- Ensure that every effort is made to establish effective working relationships with parents and colleagues from other agencies.
- To ensure that all staff working within our school who have substantial access to children haven been checked as to their suitability, including verification of their identity, qualifications, and a satisfactory DBS check (according to guidance), and a Single Central Record is kept and maintained for audit.
Designated Safeguarding Leads at Woodplumpton St Anne's CE Primary School
Our Designated Safeguarding Lead is Mrs Campbell.
Our Deputy Designated Safeguarding Lead is Miss Caton.
Other staff members who are trained to Designated Safeguarding Lead level are:
Mrs Westwood (Key Stage 1 Leader)
Mr Murray (Online Safeguarding lead)
Miss Bagwell (SENCO)
All members staff have undergone Safeguarding and Child Protection Training, and this is repeated each year.
If you have any concerns regarding safeguarding, please contact any member of staff.
Please see our Safeguarding Policy below for more details and useful website links.
The NCA's CEOP Command (formerly the Child Exploitation and Online Protection Centre) works with child protection partners across the UK and overseas to identify the main threats to children and co-ordinates activity against these threats to bring offenders to account. They protect children from harm online and offline directly through NCA-led operations and in partnership with local and international agencies.
As of 29th April 2019, Operation Encompass went live in our school. In conjunction with Lancashire Constabulary, Woodplumpton St Anne's School is involved in a national initiative called "Operation Encompass". The purpose of Operation Encompass is to safeguard and support children and young people who have been involved in, heard or witnessed a domestic abuse incident. Operation Encompass has been created to address that by 09.00 on the next school day, the school's key adult - Mrs Campbell - will be informed that the child has been involved in, heard or witnessed a domestic incident. This knowledge, given to schools through Operation Encompass, allows the provision of immediate early intervention through silent or overt support, depending on the needs and wishes of the child. For more information, please click on the link below.
Woodplumpton St Anne's CE Primary School is fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all its pupils. As a school we recognise that safeguarding against radicalisation is no different from safeguarding against any other vulnerability.
On 1st July 2015 the Prevent duty (section 26) of The Counter-Terrorism and Security Act 2015 came into force. This duty places the responsibility on local authorities to have due regard to the need to prevent people from being drawn into terrorism.
As part of Woodplumpton St Anne's CE Primary School's commitment to safeguarding and child protection, we fully support the government's Prevent Strategy.
For more information please click the link below: